Many if not most of us know when we're overdue for some time away from work and the grind of daily life. But, if you're anything like me, you tend to ignore those signs in favor of just digging in and suppressing those indicator.
A study posted on the site StudyFinds.org done by OnePoll and Apple Vacation give us some signs we need to listen to and get to the beach ASAP! (que Vacation from The Go-Gos). Here are some of the findings of the study.
- 29% of respondence notice both physical and emotional indicators that a vaca is a must!
- 52% notice high stress levels
- 47% notice restlessness and fatigue.
- Many show signs of increased irritability, inability to focus, and frequent day daydreaming.
- 65% of people asked say they know it's time for a vacation when they feel disconnected to their romantic partner.
Maybe an off-shoot of the daydreaming thing...for me, when really need time away (which is kinda always), I start googling random hotels in cities that I love or wish to visit, even going as far as checking the amenities and restaurant and room service menus...by the way, these are usually hotels and resorts I could never dream of affording.
Click HERE to see the full study!