Michaela and I watched a decent amount of Olympics over the past two weeks...mostly figure skating and snowboarding. After more than two weeks, the games concluded last night with the closing ceremony. Did you watch? Are you ready to join your local curling club?
My friends at Wallethub broke down all the numbers for us!
- The budget of the Beijing Winter Olympics was $3.9 Billion, which was actually 14% less than the recording-breaking 2014 Olympics in Sochi.
- Almost 3,000 athletes from 91 countries competed in the games, including a record-setting 223 on the U.S. team.
- These were the most gender balanced Olympic games in history with women making up 45.44% of the athletes.
- NBC is raking in the cash! The total projected ad revenue is $600 Million. NBC paid more than $12 Billion for the rights to broadcast the games through 2032 (the next 6 games).
- Beijing is the first city to host both a Summer and Winter games.
- 5 venues from those 2008 Summer Olympics were reused for these games.
- 7 new games where added this year including Women's Monobob and Mixed Team Snowboarding.
- 30 Robots will help stage the event. (what??)
For more, check the full list of Wallethub's Olympic facts by CLICKITY CLICKING RIGHT HERE