Now that Santa has finished all of his deliveries and is headed to Tahiti for a little beach vacation, he has revealed some of the most common questions he gets as "Santa". The answers come from Ed Taylor, the founder of The-Santa-Claus-Conservatory.com.
Here are some of the common questions people ask "Santa" (from Business Insider).
- Does your wife play Mrs. Claus?– In Ed’s case the answer is occasionally, with his wife making about eight to 10 appearances with him each year.
- What is the most unusual thing you've ever been asked for?–Ed doesn’t have an exact answer, although he said a few kids asked to come back to the North Pole with him.
- Did you got to Santa school?– He did, although he was a volunteer Santa for seven years and a paid one for two before he went. He even started teaching other Santas and was a guest presenter at two different schools.
- Can you earn much money playing Santa?– It depends because some Santas, like Ed, have appeared in commercials, which can bring in the dough. But the average mall or retail Santa can make anywhere from $30,000 to $50,000 or even more.
- How many times have kids peed on your lap?– For Ed, the answer is none, but he does know of Santas who have had the experience.
- Do the kids pull your beard? –If it happens it’s most likely from infants, although he notes some playful dads will, and occasionally older kids will get one in.
- What do children ask for most?– Phones are close to the top of the list, as are Legos, dolls, and hoverboards. He’s also seen an increase in “experience” requests, like a family vacation or playing games with the family.
- What do you do when you’re not being Santa? –For Ed, his favorite thing is being a grandparent.