Here we are, just 12 days until Santa's big day! And since we are 12 days out, let's take a look at the song...you might be surprised at how much you'd have to spend to ACTUALLY GET someone all the items listed in the song. This, according to the Christmas Price Index!
Here we go...
- A partridge in a pear tree is $222.68 (up 6%)
- Two turtle doves are $450 (up 50%)
- Three French hens are $255 (up 40.5%)
- Four calling birds are $599.96
- Five Gold ring are $895.00 (up 8.5%)
- Six geese-a-laying are $660.00 (up 57.1%)
- The seven swans-a-swimming is where we really turn it up as they'll cost $13,125.
- Eight maids-a-milking are $58.00
- Nine ladies dancing will run you $7,552.84
- Ten lords-a-leaping are $11,2600 (up 12.6%)
- If you'd like eleven pipers piping, I hope you have $2,943.93.
- Twelve drummers drumming are $3,183.17
The grand total of the 12 days of Christmas, $41,205.58