This weekend is Super Bowl 55 in Tampa Bay with the Buccaneers taking on the reining champion Kansas City Chiefs. My friends at WALLETHUB did what they do best and broke it down by the numbers...
This was already going to be a unique Super Bowl because of limitations due to COVID-19, but there are some pretty big firsts. For example, this is the first Super Bowl with one of the teams having home field advantage (the game is being played at the home stadium of the Buccs). According to the article, this is also the first ever Super Bowl to be refereed by a Woman when Sarah Thomas takes the field as a ref on Sunday.
Here's some more fun numbers from WalletHub:
- The lowest cost of one ticket on the resale market is almost $9,000. Most range around $13,497.
- Only 14,500 fans and 7,500 vaccinated healthcare workers will be in attendance.
- Even the losing players get a decent bonus with the winning teaming taking home $124k and the losing players pulling in $62k.
- The age gap between the two QB's is hilarious! When Tom Brady entered the NFL 21 years ago, Patrick Mahomes was 4 years old.
- This is the first time in 55 years that cash will not be accepted at the Super Bowl.
- 10,821 is the average calorie count for a football party feast.
- 17.5 million Americans will miss work the day after the Super Bowl, 52.4% of Americans think Super Bowl Monday should be a national holiday!