Buzzfeed can provide hour and hours of mindless entertainment, almost as much as the YouTube vortex that I've been caught in many times.
Here's a great example...Buzzfeeders (is that a term?) recently decided to to share some embarrassing realizations. Theses are things most people know, but some people were significantly late to catch onto...these are hilarious!
- "I recently realized that when someone 'hangs up' the phone, it refers to how people used to hang up their old phones on the wall to end the call."
- "I’m truly not an idiot but just realized last week that sunflower seeds come from actual sunflowers. I’ve just never thought about it or seen them growing!"
- "I learned about a year ago that Macintosh is actually a type of apple...then I realized why Apple the company named their computers 'Macintosh' and it’s actually quite clever!"
- "Recently I realized that sit-com stands for situational comedy, and boy did I feel like the dumba** in a room full of people."
- "I just recently realized that Y2K stands for year two thousand."
- "That air quotes are drawing little 'quotation marks' around the words. I thought it was just being sarcastic."
- "I had no idea that pickles were cucumbers. My dumba** was so confused why you never see these mysterious vegetables called pickles on their own."
- "Still blown away by the fact that I only found out that a pony is its own thing and not a baby horse only a couple years ago. I'm almost 40."
- "I realized the other week that 24/7 means 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and it blew my mind, but according to my friends everyone already knew this. Oops."
- "Miles per hour. I used to just think it was a unit of speed. I was probably 18 before I realized it was because you were actually traveling that many miles within an hour of time. Facepalm."