You've probably seen the show Hoarders on A&E, but here's something you might not have thought of...are you a DATA hoarder? A new survey from SWNS Digital out that most people (52%) have never deleted anything from their devices. 33% of people have data (pictures, videos, texts, emails) from more than 10 years ago. I'm not going to lie, I've got about 2000 photos on my phone, mostly because I like to scroll through them when I'm board.
Here's some interesting stats:
- 41%of people say they actively avoid deleting pictures and videos from their devices.
- 78% are simply transferring files from one device to another.
- A fourth of America’s data is holding old stuff.
- While 60% of people say they have considered going through their device to delete things, most still can’t do it.
- 24% of people admit they’d be embarrassed if someone looked through the files stored on their devices. (NAUGHTY NAUGHTY).
A fourth of all the data in America is old stuff people are holding on to. Click HERE to see the full survey, and delete some pictures of your cat!