Aaron Nagler of Cheesehead TV, who you can hear daily on iHeartMedia-Wisconsin stations,offers his instant takes on the Packers' 27-16 win over the Broncos on Sunday.
First, the good: That defense...
- Preston. Za'Darius. What absolute finds in free agency.
- Jaire Alexander is so good. That turnover he created was beautiful.
- Great play by Savage to get his first career interception.
- I love that the defense celebrate every big play together.
- Love how the defense created opportunities for the offense. Don't want to live off turnovers all year, but as the offense is finding its way, it's nice to be given some gifts.
Still some things to work on that side of the ball, however...
- I don't know if they were trying to do more two-gapping up front and were unable to get off their blocks, but the defensive line looked like they were manhandled on those long TD drives by Denver.
- Blake Martinez looked passive for much of the day, as though the fine he got for tackling last week made him hesitant.
- Rough day at the office for Kevin King.
- Some brutal tackling attempts from the Packers today.
Same thing on the offense. The good:
- Loved getting Vitale involved in the passing game.
- Elgton Jenkins seemed to hold up ok.
- Jamaal Williams picked up some tough yards and did a nice job in the passing game as well.
...but a bit more of what has been witnessed the first two weeks as well:
- Up and down game from MVS. One really bad drop, made a couple nice plays as well.
- Why are they bothering with Jimmy Graham? Seriously. It's embarrasing that they trot him out there.
- Aaron Rodgers was as off throwing the football today as he was on last week.
- And what was with the sequence where he just kept throwing it into the turf? Just some hot garabe from the offense in the 3rd quarter.
3-0 is 3-0.
- Fits and starts, but ultimately a win is a win and I'll take it.
- Lots to work on in a very short time before the Eagles come to town in four days.
You can see his full list of gut reactions at Cheesehead TV by clicking here.
Photo: Getty Images