I don't consider myself to be the coolest but I do try my best to keep up with the younger generations so I somewhat understand what they're talking about. Slang terms can be tough though! Even if I understand them I rarely use them since I feel like I sound dorky when they come out of my mouth. I wonder if that's how my parents felt when we were saying things like "da bomb". Here are 12 slang terms that completely baffle boomers from msn.com.
- Lit - means something is fantastic or excellent
- On Fleek - means something is perfect or flawless
- Ghosting - if you've been ghosted it means someone you were talking to or dating has suddenly stopped all communication without explanation
- Stan - means being overzealous or obsessive fan of a particular celebrity
- Salty - someone is salty if they're bitter or angry about something
- Tea - when someone says "that's the tea" it means they're dishing out gossip or truth
- Clapback - a quick and witty comeback usually in response to criticism
- G.O.A.T. - stands for "Greatest Of All Time"
- Bae - stands for "before anyone else" and is an affectionate term for a significant other
- Thirsty - means someone is overly eager or desperate, especially for attention
- Low-key - if someone says they're "low-key" excited it means they're subtly or slightly excited
- Woke - being woke means aware, especially about social and political issues
How many of these did you know? I learned quite a few from a coworker 10 years younger than me. :)