- Oh the things parents say to get their child to do/not do something. A Reddit user asked "What did you learn in elementary school that turned out to be false/a lie when you reached adulthood?" More than 14-thousand comments came in and there are definitely some on the list I was told as a child. How about you?
"That cracking your fingers gives you arthritis."
- "If someone is picking on you, that means they like you."
- "This will go down on your permanent record."
- "That when bears hibernate, it's one really, really long nap. Apparently bears just nap a lot in the winter, and it's not a three-month mega-nap."
- "That I wouldn't have a calculator in my pocket."
- "That my face was gonna get stuck like this."
- "Turning on the light in the car is illegal."
Check out more at Reddit.com.