Man do I love Spring! After a long winter we can't help but look forward to that first day when you can go outside without a coat on, feel that sunshine, see green grass and beautiful flowers in bloom. Unfortunately with the spring season comes allergies though and I just got over being sick so I'm trying super hard to stay healthy. PopSugar provided some tips on how you can prepare and hopefully prevent those terrible seasonal allergies from making life miserable.
- Check the weather - if you can avoid being outside when the pollen count is high that will help. I never noticed this on my weather app but I'll look for it now!
- Close your windows - this one doesn't quite work for me. I love having that fresh air coming in when springtime finally hits. Might be worth the allergies to have those windows open.
- Make a shoes-off policy - this one is easy for me. We never wear shoes in the house.
- Filter the air - find an air filter that traps allergens and dust.
- Bring your workout inside - this is a tough one for me too since I love being outside but this would be a great time to try out iLoveKickboxing.com in Brookfield!
- Eat local - local honey is thought to be a natural immune-booster and may help with some allergy symptoms like coughing. I use honey all the time when I lose my voice!
- Do laundry more often - aww man really? Apparently pollen can get stuck in your clothes so washing them more often can help especially if you spend lots of time outside.
- Don't forget your sunnies - sunglasses don't just block the sun but they can also help block pollen and irritants. You finally have the opportunity to rock those stylish, big sunglasses you see everyone wearing.
- Treat yourself to nice tissues - this is something I should definitely get better at. I'm the person who just uses toilet paper but then my nose gets destroyed. Then when I use a nice Kleenex I'm reminded how much better they are, especially the ones that have lotion in them!