I don't completely dislike winter. I think the snow can be really pretty at times and I feel like it makes me appreciate summer that much more. What I don't love about winter though is how long it lasts. By the end of the season you feel completely cooped up and are getting stir crazy! It gets even harder when you have kids too! Not only do you need to worry about your own sanity but you have to keep theirs in mind too! I love that msn.com put together this list of 50 things to do with your kids this winter around Milwaukee. It is so helpful because you won't get stuck doing the same old stuff all the time. Check out some of my favorites below and the rest can be found here.
- Ice Castles - They're coming back to Lake Geneva. I've never been but really want to go this year!
- Kite Flying - No not just a springtime activity. Think about all that winter wind! You could really get your kite going!
- Visit "The Adventures of Bob and Downtown Milwaukee" - It's a fun picture book that will have your kids asking to see all the great Milwaukee destinations Bob the Dog poses in front of.
- Play at the new Playmobile showroom - This is at The Smiley Bard in Delafield. A friend of mine went and said it was really cool!
- Try out a First Stage acting class - Kids love putting on productions so get them acting classes at First Stage.
- Go to the airport - You can either just go inside and people watch otherwise grab your favorite snack and hang in the car as there's a cool little parking lot where you can watch planes take-off and land.
- Take a street car ride - The Hop is still free for the time being so take advantage of that.
- Stage your own Olympic Games - Although 2020 is Summer Olympics you can still create your own Winter Games both inside and out!
- Visit Museums - We have so many great museums in the Milwaukee area so finally get out and visit them like you always say you'll do.
- See the animals at the Zoo - The Milwaukee County Zoo is open even when it's cold out and it's free January 5, February 2 and March 2!