My how the times have changed. When I was a kid it was the thing to get dropped off at the mall and hang out with your friends. We didn't have tons of money but we'd buy a cute top and lip gloss then grab a snack and just hang out and chat. It seems those days are long gone though after a fight broke out at Mayfair Mall this past weekend. At about 8:30pm on Saturday, October 12 Wauwatosa Police were called to Mayfair Mall due to a large fight involving youth and as a result of the incident Mayfair Mall will be reinstating the parental guidance rule effective immediately. According to Chris Jaeger, senior general manager of Mayfair Mall, here are the new rules:
- On Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays after 3pm parental guidance is required for visitors 17 years of age and younger. Hours are subject to change during the holiday season.
- Unsupervised youth in the mall Friday through Sunday before 3pm must either leave immediately once 3pm hits or be joined by a supervising adult at least 21 years of age or older.
- Proof of age may be required and if not available they may be asked to leave.
- Valid forms of ID include a WI driver's license, military ID, school ID or passport. The ID must include a photograph and date of birth.
- One adult may accompany up to four youths and youth must remain with adult supervisor.
It's too bad it has come to this. We used to have such a blast hanging at the mall but I guess mall officials haven't been left with much of a choice. It's a good thing they're getting on top of this before it gets worse. Story from msn.com.