The 2019 Wisconsin State Fair is coming, and we're getting ready! In this EricCast episode, I sit down with Kristi Chuckel, the Director of Public Affairs for the Fair. We discuss State Fair's long history, the animals (plus their farmers and caretakers) that are truly the centerpiece of the Fair, and all the fun activities.
Be ready for traditional cream puffs, but be prepared for over 65 new foods to try, including an Apple Crunch Cheesecake Quesadilla from the Mexican Grill, BBQ Mac Tater Tots from Jayme’s Chipstix, the Caramel Turtle Pretzel at Gertrude’s Fresh Pretzels, Loaded Baked Potato with Bacon Pizza from Pistol Pete’s, Prime Rib Sliders at Leadfoots Race Bar & Grill, the Unicorn Beer Float at Slim McGinn’s Irish Pub, and about 60 other choices!
The "bumpy slide" (I forgot its official name) has been a fixture since the 1960s at State Fair; Kristi and I talk about that and the new ferris wheel along 84th Street, plus other rides you can enjoy. Of course, vendors offering everything from cute knick-knacks and artisan crafts to hot tubs can be found - you may be surprised what you acquire at State Fair!
Of course, we also talk music. Along with numerous smaller performance stages, the Associated Bank Stage and the Main Stage presented by Potawatomi Hotel & Casino will offer up:
- REO Speedwagon with special guest Night Ranger, Thursday, August 1st
- Fitz and the Tantrums, Friday, August 2nd
- Brett Eldredge, Saturday, August 3rd
- The Happy Together Tour 2019, Sunday, August 4th
- for King & Country, Monday, August 5th
- KIDZ BOP World Tour, Tuesday, August 6th
- Rick Springfield and special guest Starship with Mickey Thomas, Wednesday, August 7th
- Jeff Dunham, Thursday, August 8th
- Old Dominion with Brandon Lay, Friday, August 9th
- The Isley Brothers & The Commodores, Saturday, August 10th
- Melissa Etheridge, Sunday, August 11th
Check out more in this fun conversation with Kristi on the latest EricCast!