- Jeremy Renner's condition is way more severe than was previously reported.
- The actor was airlifted to a medical facility after being 'completely crushed' by a seven-ton snow plow at his cabin in Lake Tahoe on New Years Day while attempting to tow a vehicle stuck in the snow.
- At the time, Renner's representatives said he had blunt chest trauma and orthopedic injuries and was in critical but stable condition.
- Friends now say that Renner's injuries are much worse than anyone knows and that he 'nearly bled out' and 'almost died' while waiting for help to arrive.
- The source says damage to Jeremy's chest was so substantial it had to be reconstructed in surgery.
Photo: Getty Image