I hear the ticks are going to be really bad this year so if you spend a lot of time outdoors during the summer, here's a tip to protect yourself from ticks! These two simple items can help prevent dangerous diseases ticks carry and keep the uncomfortable pest away.
You will need a lint roller with adhesive layers and some essential oils. Use the roller on your clothing every once in a while to see what you pick up in a very short amount of time.
Spray essential oil on your clothing and rub it into your skin as an alternative to insect repellent and reduces your chemical exposure.
Here are 5 essential oils that repel bugs.
1. Lavender – This smells sweet to us but bugs absolutely hate it. It works on mosquitoes, flies and other insects.
2. PennyRoyal – this is a member of the mint family and it is toxic to insects.
3. Lemongrass – This essential oil comes from tropical lemongrass and has a citrusy sent. It is a natural flea and tick repellent and can be sprayed directly on the skin.
4. Eucalyptus – use this alone or along with citronella oil to keep bugs away. According to the Journal of medical entomology, Eucalyptus extract can reduce tick bites and infections.
5. Lemon – some lemon essential oil can work against fleas and other bugs. Slightly dilute it and spray it on your clothing and skin.
Get more info from usefultipsforhome.com.