Want to get more closely acquainted with the IRS? Of course not! So, when you file your taxes (we all have just over a month to get that done), be sure to avoid these seven things, as recommended by them. For details, link to the article from which I pulled these!
Here's hoping no audits! Even though some, like having offshore accounts, I couldn't pull off if I tried!
1. Trying to pad your refund
2. Claiming excessive business credits
3. Falsely inflating deductions
4. Fraudulently claiming tax credits
5. Abusing tax shelters
6. Trying to shirk your duty as a taxpayer
7. Hiding money in offshore accounts
Again, check out the detail for each of these here!
And then get back to listening. :) - Eric